How To: Clean Make Up Brushes
If you love make up like myself, then you have probably searched tons of ways to clean your make up brushes. A clean brush will not only keep your face away from dirty bacteria, but it will also lay your make up on better and smoother. Professionals always encourage you to clean your brushes at least once a week. Since I do not wear make up everyday, I usually craft 20 minutes out of my schedule every other week.
So the question is: How do you clean these brushes? How can you keep them clean but also keep them shaped? Just follow the deets below!
1. Pick out your soap! I usually grab my Dove body wash but since I was all out yesterday I cheated and used a dollop of my Mixed Chicks Shampoo. Just FYI, this shampoo is very expensive but I was desperate. This is not how I roll most times.
2. Grab two cups of warm water. (I always use glass cups because I see them as I clean).
3. Add a dime size drop of your soap to the one of the cups of warm water. Leave the other cup with clean water.
4. Start dipping! Place the make up brush in the soapy water for a few seconds and then transfer to the clean water. Since most make up has a color, you tell when your brush is clean. Just keep dipping back and forth until your brush has no more residue.
5. Once you are finished cleaning your brushes, place them on a flat surface and give them time to dry before using. (I usually clean my brushes before I go to work. By the time I get home, they are ready to go!)