Diary of A Young Pro: NeTia Anderson
2) How old are you?
3) What is your job title?
I am a Mind-Body Trainer
4) How has the transition been from backpack to briefcase (college to corporate?)
My transition from back pack to briefcase has been pretty adventurous one! From enlisting in the military, to working as a traveling Biomedical Engineer, to starting my own wellness business.
5) When you were in school, did you imagine your life where it is today?
When I was in school I never imagined that I would be working for myself, and in wellness at that. Like most college students I was very far from being healthy.
6) What is the biggest challenge you’ve faced during these transitional years?
The biggest challenge I faced after college was choosing a career path. I wasn’t able to find the perfect fit so I created it.
7) What is the best advice you have received from a mentor about adulthood and/or careers?
The best advice I received about adulthood was to never grow up! Never lose touch with your inner child. Don’t take life or myself so seriously. Play often!
8) What advice would you give a young professional?
I would advise any young professional to prioritize their well being. Your health really is your wealth. Taking care of yourself will ensure that you can do what you love to do for as long as possible.
9) What is next for you and the next 12 months? Do you have any goals you would like to accomplish? How are you going to accomplish them?
In the next 12 months I plan on expanding my business to include digital branding.
10) What makes you special?
I’m a super hero that helps other people to discover their own super powers!