Flawless Uncovered: Beauty Fun Facts!
As the Grown Up Truth is celebrating beauty week, I will share with you some of my favorite beauty facts through the years.
- It is said that we have the Egyptians to thank for the introduction of makeup. They used it as an act of holiness. All things that they used were spiritual, and this included makeup. It’s #1 on my list, because it is truly a fascinating history story. Google it :
- From the 1940’s to the late 1990’s, this planet has seen a huge number of all sorts of brows. There were some years containing more brow than others.
- Nail polish was invented in 1907.
- False eyelashes were created in 1919 by Max Factor.
- The first eyelash curler was born in 1923.
- In the 1930s, women wore pink nail polish on their toes, because red on the toes was considered slutty.
- Hitler made makeup illegal. Yeah, he would do something like that.
- In 1957, the first sunblock was created.
- La Prairie used placenta in 1978. Wow.
10.The first super model to be signed to a cosmetic company was Paulina Porizkova . She worked for Estēe Lauder.
Did you know that for the longest time, mascara contained guano? Guano is a fancy name for the poop of bats and various birds.
Ambergris is a fancy name for an ingredient in whale vomit and/or whale poop, and it can be worth up to $100,000 for a small amount. What could this possibly be used for, you might ask? Perfume, that’s right, perfume!